Please complete the application in order to be considered for the South Carolina Rural Dentist Program. All applications must be submitted through the online portal by February 15, 2024 at 4:00 pm EDT. We will not accept any applications or documents via email, mail or fax. In order for your application to be considered complete, you must upload all required materials to your application in Submittable.
Required Documentation (view application checklist here):
- Proof of U.S. citizenship, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident status (U.S. birth certificate issued by a city, county or state agency of the United States, identification page of an unexpired U.S. passport, or a Certificate of Citizenship, a Naturalization Certificate, or a Green Card)
- A personal statement (1 page maximum)
- Curriculum vitae including membership organizations
- Minimum of three current signed community letters of support from lay members (not dentists) of the community*
- Copies of all educational loan documents
- Documentation of practice investment from the dentist or other organization or entities (if applicable)*
- 1040 Form from your most recent tax return with your social security number redacted
- Copy of the SLED State Criminal Records Check. Available at https://catch.sled.sc.gov/. (There is a minimal charge for this check.)*
*Not required for MUSC Dental Faculty Applicants
You will have the opportunity to revisit your application and continue to update it through February 15, 2024 at 4:00 pm EDT. If you have any questions about the program or application, please contact Kristin Cochran, South Carolina AHEC Director of Recruitment and Retention Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete eligibility form.
- If eligible, you will be routed to the full application. If not eligible, please contact Kristin Cochran to discuss.
- Please complete the application. You can save as a draft and return to submit when completed.